Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Week 5: Consistency With Content Creation

This week, my mentor and I discussed our strategy for content creation at Yazamo, which revolves around our blog. Although we have just one writer, which could be a risk in case of an emergency with no backup options, she is doing well and our communication is improving.

I’m continuing to act as the editor for our publications, assigning our writer topics and providing feedback each time so she can improve in the future and align the style with our company culture. I’m also adding content in when necessary and finding relevant data charts and images to act as visual additions.

The editing time is steadily decreasing and our overall efficiency is climbing. I’ve asked the writer to submit four articles per week instead of three, which means one article goes into our backlog each week. We published three high quality articles this week, although I haven’t yet begun to promote them heavily (only through our Facebook page). It’s exciting to think about how the blog will help boost our SEO and bring us more traffic in the long run!

No comments:

Post a Comment