Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Week 4: Things Getting into Full Swing at Yazamo

This week at Yazamo, I continued working with our writers to review and edit their content, format everything in WordPress, and get it published to our website. The editing is currently taking more time on my part than expected since the writers are still pretty new.

One of them is producing solid content regularly (about 3 articles per week) which we can work with easily, but the other writer has not been responsive or efficient. We gave him a warning but the quality of his work still didn't live up to what we had expected when we hired him. We ended up releasing him (he was a contractor, not an employee) so we now have only one writer, but she's doing an excellent job of producing high quality articles on time every week.

I had a call with AZ Big Media this week, as well, where we discussed the angle the writer was going to take as well as additional details on the LeadQuizzes story. In other news, we managed to get featured on Entrepreneur as a top app for startups thanks to a contact we had who writes for them (unrelated to me).

Here's the article if you want to take a look: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/272084

I'm also continuing my Facebook Ads course and learning a lot on that side of the business as well. A solid week overall, although I need to structure my schedule more firmly next week so I'm using all my time efficiently and publishing articles more regularly.


2 comments:

  1. It really seems like this company is thriving. I loved the article that you attached. What a great tool for anyone thinking about starting their own company. I've bookmarked it for future use. I'm very interested to see what you'll learn from the Facebook Ads course. It's also cool that you're really seeing how a business is run, including what happens when an employee or hire doesn't meet expectations. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What differences do you see in writers that are experienced versus those that are new?

    ReplyDelete