Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Week 3: First Publication on the Blog, Other Learning Opportunities

This week at Yazamo, I continued emailing and contacting media writers and journalists about my LeadQuizzes story. After quite a bit of work, I finally landed a piece with a smaller local publication which still has a good niche audience, AZ Big Media. 

I also set up a board on Trello where our team can enter all requested posts and article ideas, and our writers can claim each piece and begin working on them. My two writers began on their first official articles for Yazamo and submitted their work, which I will edit and provide feedback on.

I worked with Jeremy (one of Yazamo's co-founders) to establish a content calendar for the blog so we can publish regularly and spend the rest of our time optimizing the content and promoting it to drive more traffic, comments, and social shares. I also started on a Facebook Ads course to begin learning that aspect of the business, since we use the platform to run all our clients' ads to promote their quizzes. I am also planning to learn more about Google Analytics so I can use it efficiently to monitor our website's traffic and progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment