Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Project Proposal

Statement of Purpose
I plan to research the extent to which content marketing can play a role in resulting sales. Which strategies work best? How can small businesses reach their ideal target markets? How low can the cost per lead drop when it comes to large scale, targeted B2C marketing?

Background
I have been working in the field of digital marketing for the past year or so. I have received my Inbound Marketing Certification from HubSpot, which verifies my understanding of core marketing concepts such as buyer persona, lead conversion funnels, and search-engine optimization (SEO) management. I have written marketing articles for our company blog and for other business sites.

Significance
A vast number of young businesses and entrepreneurs face difficulty generating traffic, leads, and sales during their early years. My research will examine the role digital marketing can play in resolving many of these issues quickly and efficiently.

Research Methodology
My research will primarily consist of direct observation and online research. My role at Yazamo will allow me to witness and take part in client interactions and to carry out real-world case studies on digital marketing and lead generation. I will analyze specific client goals as well as the overall reach of our marketing software. I will also keep track of lead conversion rates, cost per lead, and sales for both Yazamo and for our clients.

Anticipated Problems

One obstacle I may encounter is initial breakthrough as a writer for large business sites. Content creation and promotion is a primary method of lead generation, and plays an important role in ensuring marketing success. I have guaranteed roles as a Yazamo writer and likely opportunities to write for various more specific business sites in addition to the large ones. Another potential issue is identification of optimal marketing strategies for our product (LeadQuizzes). Due to the extremely young age of the product, it may take some trial-and-error before I am able to identify the top working marketing strategies and pursue them accordingly.

2 comments:

  1. Hari, will you primarily use traditional marketing strategies to increase your company's SEO or will you use analytics to play a role in determining what and how you market for increased web traffic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mr. Armstrong! One of my primary goals is to increase traffic (and therefore sales) for Yazamo. Many of the "traditional" marketing strategies that people associate with marketers have negative connotations-- spam emailing, cold calling, etc. The new wave of successful and ethical marketing, however, is inbound marketing. This means getting customers to come to you naturally by offering them beneficial services, rather than getting in their faces by advertising your own content. It's important that we run a company blog in order to get regular visitors and followers to our site, and this is one of the projects I will be working on. I'll go into more detail on the blog project and the SEO we plan to use for it in my next post (I'm working on it now, look for it to go live within the next few hours). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete